An improvement project on South University, between E. University Street and Washtenaw Avenue, was completed fall of 2017.
- October 26 (PDF)
- September 8 (PDF)
- September 1 (PDF)
- August 17 (PDF)
- July 28 (PDF)
- July 17 (PDF)
- July 11 (PDF)
- June 26 (PDF)
- June 14 (PDF)
- June 8 (PDF)
- May 30 (PDF)
- May 19 (PDF)
- May 11 (PDF)
- May 10 (PDF)
- May 5 (PDF)
- April 28 (PDF)
- Widened sidewalks
- New concrete sidewalks
- Seating improvements
- Rain garden landscaping
- New street trees
- Updated pedestrian street lighting
- Underground utility improvements
- Shortened pedestrian crossings at Forest and Washtenaw
- Construction is anticipated from early May to early September, pausing for Art Fair
- Construction will begin with the north side of S. University
- Some street parking will be closed during periods of the construction.
- Eastbound traffic will be detoured during the entirety of the project.
- Pedestrian through traffic will be maintained on one side of the street at all time.
- Pedestrian traffic into each business will be maintained with temporary surfaces until the final concrete surfaces are set.
Meetings & Materials:
05/16/2016 Meeting with South University Merchants & Residents (PDF)