The DDA provides support to a variety of projects that are aimed at strengthening the downtown. Recent grants have included:
- A $218,000 grant for energy-saving/ residential improvements at the Delonis Center
- The DDA supported, in partnership with the City of Ann Arbor and the State of Michigan, Zingerman's expansion by providing in-kind and other supoprt to Zingerman's Brownfiled Grant
- Grants to the four Downtown Area Associations to encourage attractive window displays
- Annual grants totalling over $1.5 million to support the go!pass and getDowntown Program from 2004-2010
- A grant for $100,000 to support Zipcars in Downtown Ann Arbor
- A $20,000 grant to the Shelter Association of Washtenaw County providing beds and supporitve services for Winter 2009-10
- A grant to the City of Ann Arbor for $8 million to pay for the construction of its new court/police building as well as a $200,000 grant to ensure that the new building meets the LEED Gold standard
- A $200,000 set aside to create the DDA Energy Saving Grant Program
- Grants to Avalon Housing and Dawn Farm totalling almost $1million for downtown affordable housing projects as well as a $15,000 grant for a county-wide housing needs assessment
- A $100,000 grant to the City for a solar electric demonstration project at the Farmer's Market.
- A $630,000 grant to the City's Energy fund for the installation of energy effiicient LED lights in the DDA District
- Yearly grants since 2002 totalling over $35,000 to the City for the Downtown Spring Cleanups, which provides funds for graffiti coverage, flower planting, and fire hydrant painting by school children.